February 5, 2016
IASB Accounting Standards Advisory Forum - December 2015
On 7-8 December 2015, the AOSSG Chair, Dr. Jee In Jang; AOSSG member standard-setters: Ms Kris Peach, Chair of the Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB) and Member of the New Zealand Accounting Standards Board (NZASB); Mr Jianqiao Lu, Director of the Accounting Regulatory Department, Ministry of Finance China; and Mr Yukio Ono, Chairman of the Accounting Standards Board of Japan; and eight other ASAF members met with IASB representatives in London.
The ASAF discussed:
- members' input on AASB-KASB joint research project on IFRS Implementation: Accounting Judgments on Terms of Likelihood in IFRS: Korea and Australia;
- members' initial views on Disclosure Initiative–draft Materiality Practice Statement;
- members' input on the paper prepared by the Accounting Standards Board of Japan (ASBJ)–Recognition Criteria in the Conceptual Framework;
- members' input on the IASB's research project on post-employment benefits;
- members' views on the forthcoming Exposure Draft relating to different effective dates of IFRS 9 and the new Insurance Contracts Standard;
- members' input on the paper prepared by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA) that addressed practice for accounting for business combinations under common control (BCUCC) and also members' input on the IASB staff paper on how the predecessor method should be applied for a BCUCC transaction;
- members' input on the role of Post-implementation Reviews (PIRs); and
- members' views on the proposal presented by the EFRAG for the scope of the IASB's project on the equity method of accounting.