12th Annual AOSSG Meeting
The 12th Annual AOSSG Meeting is scheduled to be held in November 2020 and will be hosted by the Accounting Standards Board of Nepal.
11th Annual AOSSG Meeting
The Accounting Standards Board of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) hosted the 11th Annual Asian-Oceanian Standard-Setters Group (AOSSG) Meeting on November 11-13, 2019 at Goa, India.
Face-to-Face meeting of the AOSSG Working Groups held on November 11, 2019
The Working Group members of AOSSG discussed the following Technical Agendas:
- IFRS 9 - Presented by Australia
- Primary Financial Statements - Presented by South Korea and
- BCUCC - Presented by Hong Kong along with IASB and also individually by China.
11th Annual AOSSG Meeting held on November 12-13, 2019
The 11th Annual AOSSG meeting was inaugurated by the Honarable Chief Minister of Goa State, Dr, Pramod Sawant. Apart from AOSSG participants from various jurisdictions, ICAI was represented by officials and dignitaries of Accounting Standards Board (ASB).
The three-days international meeting witness the presence of Ms. Sue Lloyd, Vic Chair, International AccountingStandards Board (IASB), key delegates of the IASB, Board members form IASB and representatives from 20 member jurisdictions including China, India, Australia, South-Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and many others.
The ICAI, representated by CA. (Dr) S. B. Zaware took over as Chair, AOSSG, for a period of two years (2019-2021) from Mr Yibin Gao, the outgoing Chair, AOSSG from China. Further, Mr Nishan Fernando as represented by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka took over as Vic-Chair of AOSSG from CA. (Dr) S. B. Zaware for the same period.
Many technical topics were deliberated and discussed at this 2 day annual meeting. The key topics were:
- IASB shared technical updates on Primary Financial Statements and Management Commentary.
- Post Implementation Review: Issues and Challenges- IFRS 10, IFRS 11 and IFRS 12 presented by Japan
- South Korea presented on IFRS 17 implementation steps and the progress of Meritz Insurance and Primary Financial Statements
- India presented on IFRS 16 - Initial Implementation Issues
- Bangladesh shared their status on IFRS adoption
- IFRS 15 - Application Findings was presented by Hong Kong and Sri Landa
- Malaysia presented on the Policy choices available in IFRS standards
- Sri Lanka shared the post implementation issues arrising from IFRS 9
- Hong Kong presented on initiatives to improve financial reporting
Comminque for 11th Annual AOSSG Meeting
THE TENTH ANNUAL AOSSG MEETING
Q: Where will the conference be held?
A: Resorts World Convention Centre, Singapore
Q: When is the conference?
A: 21 - 22 November 2018 (Working group preparation meeting to be held on 20 November)
Q: Who will be there?
A: AOSSG member standard-setters, and IASB members and staff.
Q: Can the public attend?
Q: What will the meeting be about?
A: Members will be discussing recent developments in International Financial Reporting Standards with members of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB).
Q: Who are the members?
A: List of the current member organisations.
|21 - 22 November 2018||Singapore||10||N/A||N/A||N/A|